Discourse Recourse

Musings on traveling the world and speaking different languages.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A whole new kind of tourism?

Now I'm totally used to the idea of different kinds of tourism popping up as a way to invigorate people about traveling. I definitely approve of eco-tourism and agro-tourism, but there's a new juggernaut on the horizon. Yes, it's The Love Boat for Policy Wonks.

The very idea of being stuck on a boat with Ralph Nader is enough to give me sea-sickness right here and now. I've met the man, and he's charming enough, but I don't want to be sipping a martini on a cruise ship while talking about Dubya. Of course, there's no way I'd drop several thousand dollars for the privilege. Is the irony lost on the liberal-leaning Nation readers that they're flying to Alaska to get on a diesel-chugging boat to talk about global warming with Beltway insiders? Hmm.

Let's hope the Alaska Tourism Board comes up with a better idea next time!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home